I recently bought myself a point and shoot film camera. After seeing so many of my favourite photographers talk about despite all their fancy expensive gear, using their cheap point and shoot camera has brought back a lot of the fun in photography, I decided to do the same.
I bought myself a cheap camera that I found on eBay for around £5. I decided to stick to a name I recognise to play safe so I bought a Pentax IQZoom 700.
Yesterday I met up with Ellis who has been a big brother figure to me growing up, we hadn't seen each other in a few years but in those years have both fallen in love with photography. So we decided to walk around Manchester with our cameras. We shared photographers that inspired us and took pictures of things we found interesting. I shot a lot of Ellis as I wanted to get as many portraits as I did street photography shots as I'm still playing with the idea of both.
I shot two rolls of cheap film I got for £3, Fujucolour 100. I've edited these photos ever so slightly in Lightroom, just bringing highlights, shadows, blacks down and raising the contrast slightly. But other than those small changes they are untouched. Here's some off my favourite photos.

















No comments